Electrical Engineer, North Texas
Join our family in electrical power system maintenance, testing, remanufacturing and education.
As National Field Services continues to build on our outstanding customer service in the field and shop, our family of employees stands out as the reason for our success. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, educational opportunities and fulfilling career paths. We consider ourselves a family with plenty of room to grow. Are you looking for the obvious next step towards a successful, fulfilling career? Talk to National today!
Work under a Professional Engineer (PE) to perform electrical engineering studies. We are looking for engineers that are willing to be hands on with our engineering and field service group.
- Provide engineering related design, analysis and studies for domestic and international projects.
- Perform power factor analysis and correction, harmonic modeling and analysis, and grounding analysis.
- Conduct short-circuit, protective device coordination and arc-flash studies.
- Interact with customers to gather critical information and review engineering plans.
- Occasionally work in the field under the direction of Field Services team on shut-down, startup and maintenance projects; will be exposed to industrial, transmission, generation and distribution power systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering; prefer educational focus in Power Systems studies.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Prefer 2 years of field experience with medium & high-voltage substations and electrical switchgear.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license a plus, or working towards obtaining.
- Experience performing protective relay projects highly desired.
- Willingness to be hands and work in the field alongside our field technicians.
- Experience in short-circuit, protective device coordination, arc-flash and power quality studies a plus.
- Experience using SKM, ETAP, ASPEN, EasyPower, or other power system modeling software a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must have knowledge of low, medium and high-voltage up to 500 kV.
- Utility design experience a plus.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English via verbal and written methods, and be comfortable and effective doing so directly to customers and co-workers.
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Interested? Apply below or send resumes, cover letters and questions to [email protected].
Must be an American citizen or have a current visa and reside in the United States. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests. Must have a good background check and have a good driving record.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE