Account Manager, Central texas
Join our family in electrical power system maintenance, testing, remanufacturing and education.
As National Field Services continues to build on thirty years of outstanding customer service in the field and shop, our family of employees stands out as the reason for our success. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, educational opportunities and fulfilling career paths. We consider ourselves a family with plenty of room to grow. Are you looking for the obvious next step towards a successful, fulfilling career? Talk to National today!
Due to continued growth, we are seeking experienced Account Managers in Austin, Texas, focused on supporting large power consumers and producers with critical electrical infrastructures. This outside sales position generates revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders; understanding and interpreting technical requirements; providing technical information; and developing accounts.
- Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends, identifying sales opportunities.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts, building rapport, providing technical information and explanations, and preparing quotations.
- Closes new accounts by prospecting; answering telephone, fax and email inquiries; verifying and entering information into Salesforce; performing job walks; and partnering with the operations team to meet the needs of the client.
- Fills orders by transferring orders to operations, communicating expected delivery date and explaining suite of services.
- Develops accounts by checking customer’s buying history, suggesting related and new items, and explaining technical features.
- Maintains and improves quality results by following standards, and recommending improved policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product and service descriptions, and participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production or NAVY Seabee).
- Prefer a bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering; advantage to educational focus in technical disciplines.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years power distribution equipment service and sales experience; or 5+ years of technical sales experience in an industrial, production or large component environment.
- Working knowledge of electrical testing and maintenance, commissioning services, power system analysis and training programs beneficial.
- Working knowledge of power systems, power circuit breakers and other switchgear apparatus desirable.
- Prefer experience reading and interpreting schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Must have general PC skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Excel; experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours required to respond to client emergencies.
Job Location: Austin, TX
Interested? Apply below or send resumes, cover letters and questions to [email protected].
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests. Must have a good background check and have a good driving record.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE