ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
Join our family in electrical power system maintenance, testing, remanufacturing and education.
As National Field Services continues to build on our outstanding customer service in the field and shop, our family of employees stands out as the reason for our success. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, educational opportunities and fulfilling career paths. We consider ourselves a family with plenty of room to grow. Are you looking for the obvious next step towards a successful, fulfilling career? Talk to National today!
Due to continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to assist and support the Accounting department with day to day operations.
- Match invoices with appropriate documentation for approval prior to payment
- Prioritize and sort invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Code invoices to the proper general ledger accounts
- Data entry into SAP Accounting system
- Create purchase orders for the acquisition of products and materials
- Assist with month end closing
- Reconcile payable reports each month
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Maintain vendor accounts, create new vendor as needed, and maintain W9s
- Responsible for paying sales tax on appropriate invoices
- Process applications for credit
- Responsible for identifying issues and managing them to resolution
- Respond to requests for information
- Responsible for scanning and filing
- Assist with other Accounting & Administrative related projects as needed
Our ideal Accounts Payable Specialist candidate should meet the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience required
- High school diploma or GED required; associate or 4-year degree preferred
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) required
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Exhibits a positive attitude and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
Job Location: Lewisville, TX
Must be an American citizen or have a current visa and reside in the United States. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests. Must have a good background check and have a good driving record.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE