Electrical Project Manager, North Texas
Join our family in electrical power system maintenance, testing, remanufacturing and education.
As National Field Services continues to build on our outstanding customer service in the field and shop, our family of employees stand out as the reason for our success. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, educational opportunities and fulfilling career paths. We consider ourselves a family with plenty of room to grow. Are you looking for the obvious next step towards a successful, fulfilling career? Talk to National today!
- Electrical Project Managers oversee electrical services jobs involved with the inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, performing start-up and collection of data of low, medium and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering.
- Involved in the pre-planning, walk-through and working with sales department on estimating and quoting jobs.
- Identify and assign individual job assignments of crew members.
- Interface with the customer throughout jobs and attend customer meetings as requested or needed to provide job updates, progress status, and resolve issues.
- Identify opportunities for expanded job scope and discuss with customer and Account Manager.
- Communicate with the assigned Account Manager on any additional billing.
- Monitor job budget by reviewing each technicians’ job time and material costs.
- Conduct a final job walk with customer before energizing, discuss job scope and ensure start-up goes well.
- Complete, compile and review reports for accuracy and provide to Production Manager.
- On some jobs, may be required to work as a Technician on some job tasks performing various electrical testing & maintenance services.
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or GED required; prefer an Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Seabee)
- 5 or more years of experience project managing electrical maintenance shutdowns/turnarounds or switchgear commissioning
- Prefer experience with most of the following or similar: Doble software, automated CT set, Power DB, RTS or Protest relay testing, oil testing, infrared scanning, automatic transfer switching, performing start-up on switchgear up through 500kV class, VFD (variable frequency drives)
- NETA Certification a plus, but not required
- Must have general PC skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Office; experience with PowerDB a plus.
- OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E, CPR/First Aid/BBP/AED training a plus.
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
Job Location: Dallas, TX
NO ELECTRICIANS PLEASE
Must be an American citizen or have a current visa and reside in the United States. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests. Must have a good background check and have a good driving record.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE