Senior Field Service Technician, North Texas
Join our family in electrical power system maintenance, testing, remanufacturing and education.
As National Field Services continues to build on our outstanding customer service in the field and shop, our family of employees stands out as the reason for our success. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, educational opportunities and fulfilling career paths. We consider ourselves a family with plenty of room to grow. Are you looking for the obvious next step towards a successful, fulfilling career? Talk to National today!
Field Service Technicians inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering.
- Instrument transformer tests
- Power transformer testing - Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance, etc.
- Test both electro-mechanical and solid state relays
- Cable testing - Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot
- Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prefer an Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Seabee)
- Must have at least 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Prefer experience with most of the following or similar:
- RTS or Protest relay testing, oil testing, infrared scanning, automatic transfer switching, performing start-up on switchgear up through 500kV class, VFD (variable frequency drives)
- Must have general PC skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Excel; experience with PowerDB a plus.
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- Prefer NETA Certification (III or IV) or equivalent skills/experience to become NETA Certified
- Prefer OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E, CPR/First Aid/BBP/AED training.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to crawl, climb, stand and lift up to 75 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be available for regular overnight domestic travel and occasional international travel
- U.S. passport & TWIC card a plus.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays and nights.
Job Location: Dallas, TX
NO ELECTRICIANS PLEASE
Must be an American citizen or have a current visa and reside in the United States. Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests. Must have a good background check and have a good driving record.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE